Ahiflower® oil is the richest and most effective combined Omega-3 (SDA and ALA) and Omega-6 (GLA and LA) fatty acid source from a single non-GMO plant found in nature. While there are many sources of plant based Omega-3 ALA such as flax, chia, sacha inchi seed and hemp seed oil, these seeds do not offer optimal conversion to EPA. Unlike these seed oils, Ahiflower® oil is the richest source of SDA (Stearidonic Acid), which converts more efficiently to the Omega 3 fatty acid EPA that is found in fish oil. A human clinical trial found that Ahiflower® oil has up to a 3-4 times greater EPA conversion rate than flax seed oil. Ahiflower® oil also contains beneficial Omega 6 Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA). A true Omega 3 + Omega 6 powerhouse with ALA, SDA and GLA, delivering a healthy 3.5 to 1 balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6, Ahiflower® oil is the most eco-conscious, sustainable way to get the benefits of EPA found in fish oil from a vegan, plant-based source.
A True SDA Powerhouse
Flax seed, chia seed and sacha inchi seed oils only contain ALA but no SDA. Hemp seed oil contains small amounts of SDA. Unlike these ALA-rich plant seed oils, Ahiflower® oil contains rich amounts of SDA. With over 18% SDA and 40% ALA, Ahiflower® oil provides the most ideal plant-based form of Omega-3 for optimal bio-availability and conversion to EPA. Conversion of SDA to EPA is much higher than ALA, making it a more effective plant-based source for obtaining longer chain Omega-3s such as EPA. The conversion of ALA to EPA is approximately 5% whereas SDA is converted to EPA with greater efficiency at approximately 30%. A recent randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled human clinical trial demonstrated that Ahiflower® oil was converted to EPA up to 3-4 times more efficiently than flax seed oil.*
* N. Lefort, R. LeBlanc, M-A. Giroux and M.E. Surette. Experimental Biology (2015) Session 401.7. Consumption of Ahiflower® oil is safe and increases tissue EPA levels compared to Flaxseed oil – Results of a Phase I Clinical Trial Univ. of MOnction, Dr. G. L Dumont Hosp.,Moncton, Canada and Univ. of Quebec at Rimouski.
A Healthy Source Of Beneficial GLA
Ahiflower® oil also provides over 5% of the anti-inflammatory Omega-6 fatty acid Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA). Fish oil, flax seed, chia seed and sacha inchi seed do not contain this beneficial fatty acid. While hemp seed oil does contain GLA, Ahiflower® oil is a superior source. Ahiflower® oil is a true Omega 3 + Omega 6 powerhouse with ALA, SDA and GLA, delivering a healthy 3.5 to 1 balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6.
Allergen Information: Contains no allergens.
Storage Information: Refrigerate after opening. Fully close bottle after each use.
Key Features and Benefits
• 100% Plant-Based Omega 3 (ALA plus SDA)
• Contains over 18% SDA and 40% ALA
• Demonstrates 3-4 times greater EPA conversion compared to flax seed oil
• More effective Omega 3 & 6 than flax, chia, sacha inchi or hemp
• Contains beneficial Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA), which is not found in flax, chia or fish oil
• Delivers a healthy 3.5 to 1 balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6
• Eco-conscious vegan choice without depleting marine life
• Sustainably grown and fully traceable
• Vegan, Non-GMO
• No fishy taste or aftertaste
Take one softgel 3 times per day with food.
Ahiflower® (Buglossoides arvensis)Seed Oil, Other Ingredients: Vegan Gel shell (modified food starch (non-GMO), glycerin, purified water, maltitol, carrageenan), anti-oxidant rosemary extract, tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate. (Buglossoides arvensis)